Wednesday, 17 July 2024 19:53

International Students quickly becoming the new future of immigration in Canada

Monday, 18 May 2015

Overseas students are quickly becoming the new standard of immigration here in Canada, notes Instec International Student of Hamilton, Ontario. The opportunities that now exist for foreign students are likely to continue as visiting students become the country’s new immigrants.

Excellent opportunities exist for International students here in Canada. The Government of Canada advises that it’s currently possible (based on rulings of June 1, 2014) for foreign students to work while studying in Canada. If you are an international student studying in Canada and you want to work, you would need to apply for a student work permit.

There are a number of options for international students to study and work in Canada. Some details concerning studying and working in Canada include the following:

If you are a foreign student who is studying in Canada, you may qualify to work on campus at the school where you study without a work permit and provided you have a valid study permit. Conditions do apply and this information should be confirmed based on the Government of Canada’s current regulations.

Other possibilities also exist, which can open the doors of opportunity to you here in Canada. For example, you may qualify for working off campus, or to work as a co-op or intern.

There are also new rulings for international students to stay in Canada after graduation.

If you hope to work in Canada after you graduate, you’ll need to apply for a work permit under the Post Graduate Work Permit Program (PGWPP). In order for you to stay in Canada once you graduate, there are a number of programs available and each has its own requirements. The PGWPP is designed to help foreign students who are graduates of participating Canadian post-secondary institutions gain Canadian work experience. If you’re a foreign student who recently graduated in Canada, you may be eligible to stay in Canada permanently. The experience you acquire through the PGWPP can help you qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

Canada is a country rich with culture and opportunity. If you, as a foreign student, are now studying or are about to be begin your studies in Canada, a new future may await you.

Source: The Hamilton Spectator


Google+ Google+